Teeth whitening is a cosmetic dental procedure that can give you a better smile in a very short span of time. The process involves removing stains from the surface of the teeth, thereby giving you a brighter smile that you would very much love to flaunt around. This way, your confidence levels would be elevated considerably, and you'd naturally feel more comfortable while socializing with people.
How do the teeth stain?
- Improper brushing can leave a lot of microbes on the teeth. Over time, the bacteria form a yellowish or brownish layer on the teeth and ruin the aesthetics of the smile.
- Consuming a lot of colored foods, either artificial or natural, can leave a coloring layer on the teeth. The coloring particles get deposited in the pores of the enamel and wouldn't just go away with regular brushing.
- Chewing tobacco and smoking cigarettes are known to have several adverse effects on the human body, of which teeth staining is one.
- The teeth naturally wear due to aging, during which the layer of enamel would erode gradually. The underlying dentin would become apparent, which makes the teeth look yellowish in appearance.
How can one get rid of teeth stains?
Conventional teeth whitening: This method of teeth whitening is the simplest and most popular one. We will apply a whitening gel on the teeth and spread it evenly. The gel would be allowed to stay on the teeth surfaces for a while, after which it would be rinsed off. The whitening gel contains hydrogen peroxide, which would liberate oxygen molecules when activated. These molecules help to remove the coloring particles from the pores of the enamel. The procedure could be repeated multiple times, depending on the severity of staining.
Whitening using customized trays: The principle of whitening in this procedure is similar to conventional whitening. But, you would be wearing a plastic mouth guard-like appliance along with the whitening gel. This prevents the interference of the saliva with the whitening gel, thereby giving better results.
What is Zoom Teeth Whitening?
Zoom teeth whitening is, by far, the most advanced method of getting rid of the stains from the teeth surfaces. The procedure involves the use of a laser to accelerate the process, making it the quickest and most effective teeth whitening solution. Dr. Felahy provides the latest Zoom whitening treatment at our dental office. Here is how the procedure is performed:
- We will clean your teeth thoroughly to get rid of the food debris, plaque and tartar deposits, etc. A rubber dam will be placed on the teeth to cover the gums and to prevent the interference of saliva.
- The whitening gel, which contains up to 25% hydrogen peroxide, will be applied to the teeth and spread evenly. A suitable laser will be used to activate the gel, which produces a foam.
- The oxygen molecules penetrate the pores and break the staining particles. However, they wouldn't weaken or cause any harm to the tooth structure. We will rinse off the gel with water.
- The procedure would take between 30 to 45 minutes, and in the end, you will have sparkly white teeth that you can't resist looking at in the mirror!
At Sunset Oak Dental, Dr. Felahy, our Rocklin dentist offers the most effective Zoom teeth whitening to our patients in the areas including Rocklin 95765, Roseville 95677, Lincoln 95765, Penryn 95663, and Loomis 95650 in California. Call our office at (916) 435-5111 to schedule your dental appointment with our cosmetic dentist in Rocklin, CA, and get the pearly white smile you always wanted!