State-of-the-art technology is an essential part of our dental practice. It allows our dental team to diagnose patients thoroughly and also extract highly important data that will be required to understand their oral concerns. At Sunset Oak Dental, Dr. Felahy uses the most modern dental equipment and technology, making our practice one of the most sought-after ones in Rocklin, Roseville, and Lincoln, CA.
The laser has been used in dentistry for several years now, and it has more than a few applications. Here are some of the uses of laser in dentistry:
- Getting rid of hypersensitivity by covering the exposed tubules.
- A high-intensity laser can be used to kill the microbes present in cavities.
- Hard tissue lasers can be used as an alternative for dental anesthesia.
- Low-intensity lasers can be used to detect minute underlying cavities.
- Lasers can be used to reshape the gum tissues during a crown lengthening procedure.
- Patients who suffer from gum diseases can benefit from laser therapy. The laser can be used to vaporize the decayed gum tissues and kill the bacteria instantly.
- Lasers are also used in teeth whitening procedures. Using a laser, we can speed up the process of teeth whitening.
- Patients who have a TMJ disorder can be treated using laser therapy.
- Benign tumors can be detected using lasers.
Dental x-rays are quite useful as they allow us to get a better view of the underlying tissues such as the tooth roots, jawbone, etc. When patients have oral trauma, he uses x-rays to spot any cracks in the teeth or jawbone. Also, x-rays are used during the diagnosis before planning implants, dental bridges, crowns, and other restorations. At our dental practice, we use x-ray equipment that uses 80% less radiation, making it safer for our patients.
An intraoral camera is used to visually diagnose the oral features that are difficult to spot for the naked eye. We use an intraoral camera that is mounted at the tip of a wand-like device. The images captured by the camera are projected on a computer screen in real-time, allowing Dr. Felahy to see minute details in high definition. It is also helpful to explain the condition to the patient.
This dental procedure is a highly-advanced way to perform a root canal procedure. We use an electric handpiece to clean the root canal and shape it accordingly. This process is faster, doesn't involve drilling, and offers a pleasant experience to the patient.
At Sunset Oak Dental, Dr. Felahy uses the advanced practices of modern dentistry to give you the most beautiful smile makeover. Call our office at (916) 435-5111 to schedule your dental appointment and get the smile you wished for!