Dentures are oral prostheses used to replace multiple missing teeth. Dentures are fabricated from gum-colored acrylic and dental-grade ceramic material to offer life-like aesthetics. Along with offering a natural appearance, the dentures restore oral functionality and enable the patient to bite and chew food as they always used to.
What are the prominent advantages of dentures?
- Dentures mimic the appearance of both the teeth and gums, thereby restoring the entire appearance of one's smile.
- Since the prosthetic teeth are fabricated from dental-grade ceramic, they offer excellent durability and longevity.
- Cleaning the dentures is quite an easy process. You can take them off, clean them with a soft-medium bristled toothbrush, and put them back in your mouth.
- The dentures that we provide offer excellent fit and comfort. They wouldn't slip off the mouth when you eat food, talk, or laugh.
- Dentures restore the facial aesthetics of the patient. Once they wear dentures, the cheeks and chin start to look fuller, which may also make the patient look younger.
What are the types of dentures?
Complete dentures: Conventional or complete dentures are used to restore every single tooth in the mouth. They will be custom-fabricated once all the teeth are removed, and patients can start using them once the wounds heal.
Partial dentures: Partial dentures, as the name suggests, are fabricated to restore only a certain number of missing teeth. They are held together by a metal framework, and the prosthetic teeth get aligned perfectly beside the existing natural teeth.
Immediate dentures: Immediate dentures are fabricated before extracting the natural teeth. The dentist will take highly precise digital impressions of the mouth and use them to fabricate the dentures. During the next appointment, the teeth will be extracted, and the dentures will be placed over them. The wounds will be allowed to heal under the dentures.
How are dentures fabricated?
Dr. Felahy will conduct an initial diagnosis and determine your candidacy for dentures.
We will then take highly precise digital molds using a hand-held scanning tool. The data will be used to create a digital 3D impression, which will be sent to a dental laboratory for fabricating the dentures. It may take a couple of weeks for the dentures to be ready.
During the next appointment, we place the dentures in your mouth and check for fit. If you find them uncomfortable or ill-fitting, the necessary changes will be made so that they fit well. We will also give you instructions about how to care for the dentures to make it last for a long time with minimum hassle.
At Sunset Oak Dental, Dr. Felahy, our family dentist offers aesthetically pleasing removable dentures to the areas including Rocklin 95765, Roseville 95677, Lincoln 95765, Penryn 95663, and Loomis 95650 in California. Call our office at (916) 435-5111 to schedule your dental appointment with our Rocklin dentist and get the smile you always wanted!