Clear aligners are made of BPA-free plastic and fit snugly over the teeth, similar to a mouthguard. Multiple aligners are worn during the treatment period before the improved positioning of your teeth is assessed.
Benefits of Aligners
There are many benefits to choosing aligners including:
1. Removable: One of the main benefits of aligners is that they are removable. This allows you to take them out to eat or to brush and floss your teeth.
2. Comfortable: Aligners are also made of smooth plastic, so they won’t cause irritation to your mouth and gums. This is especially helpful if you have a sensitive mouth.
3. Discreet: Aligners are clear, so most people won’t even notice you are wearing them.
4. Effective: Aligners are also very efficient at straightening your teeth. They move your teeth in small increments, so your teeth won’t move into their correct position all at once.
5. Affordable: Finally, aligners are also very cost-effective. They allow you to straighten your teeth without the cost and pain of metal braces.
Types of Aligners
The Invisalign® clear aligners are a popular choice for those self-conscious about the appearance of braces. They are removable, allowing patients to brush, floss and eat whatever they’d like. With this flexible option, patients don’t have to worry about food getting caught in brackets or wires.
Invisalign® aligners are custom-made for each patient, using 3D computer imaging technology. Each aligner gradually moves the teeth, straightening your smile without uncomfortable brackets or wires.
The ClearCorrect® system consists of a series of clear, custom-made aligners. Like the Invisalign® system, ClearCorrect® aligners are removable. The aligners are a comfortable, discreet option to straighten your teeth.
The aligners work by applying gentle pressure to the teeth. This causes the teeth to shift their position, straightening your smile.
Since each patient’s needs are different, it is important to schedule an orthodontic consultation to determine the best treatment option for you. During your consultation, the dentist will evaluate your smile, discuss your orthodontic goals, and create a custom treatment plan just for you.
Get in touch with Sunset Oak Dental in Rocklin, California, to schedule a dental consultation with Dr. Felahy. Call (916) 435-5111, request an appointment online or visit our office at 2161 Sunset Blvd, Suite 300, Rocklin, CA, 95765.